La Podistica Valdipesa organizes the CHIANTI CLASSICO MARATHON on the 2nd of June 2019.
There are three races related to the event:
Ultratrail – Km 45,600
Trail – Km 21
Nordic Walking / Free walking – 11 Km
TYPE OF RACE
Trail in the natural environment of the Municipalities of S. Casciano V.P., Tavarnelle V.P., Barberino V.E and Greve in Chianti, through dirt roads, forest and country paths, along the river and asphalt.
Starting and arrival point for all competitions from Mercatale Val di Pesa, San Casciano V.P. (Florence) Piazza Vittorio Veneto.
CONDITIONS FOR PARTICIPATION
To participate it is essential:
– to be 18 years old at the time of registration with a valid medical certificate;
– to be fully aware of the length, technical difficulties, specificity of the race and be physically ready to face it;
– know how to manage physical or mental problems resulting from fatigue, digestive problems, muscle or joint pain, small wounds etc;
– to be fully aware that the role of the organization is not to help a runner handle these problems;
– to be fully aware that for this activity in the natural environment, safety depends above all on the ability of the runner to adapt to the problems encountered or foreseeable.
The timing of the races “UltraTrail Chianti Classico Marathon” and “Trail Chianti Classico Marathon” is entrusted to Toscana Timing, MySDAM Official Timer for Tuscany with technology based on the use of “chips”.
Each participant will receive a chip that he/she will have to return at the end of the event.
When the chip is collected, instructions on how to wear it on the shoe will be clearly indicated and incorrect use may result in exclusion from the charts. Information and conditions on the use of the chips are also published on the MySDAM website at http://www.mysdam.it/common/1100/montaggio-chip.do
The chip must be returned to the designed area at the arrival point, even for withdrawn or non-departed athletes (only for ULTRATRAIL and TRAIL).
Failure or incorrect use of the chip will result in non-inclusion in the ranking and non-allocation of time spent. NO CHIP NO TIME RECORDING;
When collecting the race bib and the chip, check that their numbers match. Regarding the use of the chip, it is recommended to strictly follow the methods and information included in the package. The chip is strictly personal and can not be exchanged.
ACCEPTANCE OF THE REGULATION
Participation in each of the three tests of the “Chianti Classico Marathon” event means the acceptance without reservation of this regulation. All runners are invited to avoid throwing their waste on the route. It is mandatory to follow the marked routes without taking shortcuts. In addition to being an anti-sport behavior, it represents a deplorable environmental behavior as it may alter the flora and fauna.
For both Italian and foreign athletes it is mandatory to deliver a copy of the valid medical certificate*. Participation in the race will not be allowed to those who present only the UISP or FIDAL or Runcard membership card or any other sports promotion institution, without the medical certificate.
Registrations are available on MySdam website. Registration fees are as follows:
– Ultra Trail: € 25.00 until 31 December 2018.
From 1 January 2019 to 28 February 35 €
From 1 March 2019 to 26 May 40 €
From 27 May up to half an hour before departure € 50.00
– Trail: € 15.00 until 31 December 2018.
From 1 January 2019 to 28 February 20 €
From 1 March 2019 to 26 May 25 €
From 27 May up to half an hour before departure € 30.00
– Nordic walk and free walking: € 10.00 up to half an hour before departure
BIB AND REGISTRATION PACK
You can collect your bib the Mercatale Val di Pesa sport facilities center in via dei Cofferi from 2.00 pm to 8.00 pm on Saturday the 1st June and from 7.00 am to half an hour before departure on Sunday 2nd June.
The bib number will be delivered only upon presentation of an ID and upon delivery of a copy of the medical certificate.
The bib must be worn and made visible, always and completely, throughout the race. When passing through each checkpoint and upon arrival, the runner must make sure to be regularly registered.
– ULTRATRAIL: Running t-shirt of the event + bottle of Chianti Classico wine + lunch + “bistecca” + extra virgin olive oil of 100 ml made by Frantoio del Grevepesa for the first 400 total subscribers to ultratrail + pack of cantuccini biscuits with chocolate made by Ghiott confectionery company for the first 600 members of the three events.
– TRAIL: Running t-shirt of the event + bottle of Chianti Classico wine + lunch + extra virgin olive oil of 100 ml made by Frantoio del Grevepesa for the first 400 total subscribers to trail + pack of cantuccini biscuits with chocolate made by Ghiott confectionery company for the first 800 members of the three events.
– NORDIC WALKING / FREE PASS: bottle of Chianti Classico wine + pack of cantuccini biscuits with chocolate made by Ghiott confectionery company for the first 800 members of the three events.
GIFT: for the first 100 subscribers (excluding Nordic Walking / free pass): 1 Chianti Classico Marathon branded wine glass
STARTING POINTS AND TIME
ULTRATRAIL: Runners must show up in piazza Vittorio Veneto at Mercatale Val di Pesa, S. Casciano V.P. (FI) by 07:30 am on Sunday the 2nd of June. Departure will be at 08:00 am.
TRAIL: Runners must show up in piazza Vittorio Veneto at Mercatale Val di Pesa, S. Casciano V.P. (FI) by 08:00 am on Sunday the 2nd of June. Departure at 08:30 am.
NORDIC WALKING / FREE WALKING: Runners must show up in Piazza Vittorio Veneto at Mercatale Val di Pesa by 08:45 am on Sunday the 2nd of June. Departure at 09:15 am.
Inside the sport facility center of Mercatale Val di Pesa, there will be changing rooms, showers and bag storage room. The organization is not to be held responsible for items left unattended within the bag storage room.
The itineraries of the CHIANTI CLASSICO MARATHON (Ultratrail, Trail and Nordic Walking), although quite demanding, do not require special equipment. However, appropriate trail shoes are recommended. We also recommend ULTRATRAIL participants to bring their mobile phone along to be traceable in case of need.
In case of bad weather or impracticability of one or more paths, alternative routes are planned and will be announced on the website of the race or, at the latest, immediately before departure.
The kilometres are not marked. Runners must strictly respect the marked race route avoiding taking shortcuts or cutting sections of the track. Moving away from the official path will lead to disqualification from the order of arrival and will be at the sole risk and danger of the runner.
Every crossing point of streets and villages and any paved road will be manned by race staff.
SAFETY AND CONTROL
Along the itineraries, there will be staff members of the organization and rescue personnel in constant contact with the starting/arrival point. Rescue vehicles will be present at various points along the route, as well as at the start and arrival points, where there will also be a medical team available.
Any runner who is in need will be able to call for help by:
– getting in touch with the personnel on the route that will support the rescue teams.
– asking for help to another runner in order to call for help.
Each runner must provide minimum assistance to those who need it during the race, but without moving people with suspected fractures and call for help. Do not forget that:
– Depending on the weather conditions of the race and the point of the route you are in, the rescue team could arrive later than you expected. Consider that your safety also depends on what you choose to bring with you along your bath.
– at the starting point, the assistance points will be indicated. The intervention of vehicles and rescue teams outside of these points necessarily involves movements and momentary changes in the security structures. The request for assistance must be justified on grounds of concrete danger.
If this is not the case, i.e. in cases where it is possible to reach for help autonomously, it is necessary to continue up to that point.
– a runner who calls for help or a doctor submits to his authority and in fact
must accept his decisions.
Rescuers and official doctors, in particular, are authorized to stop the race (deactivating the race bib) of any runner who will be considered unsuitable to continue the test and to evacuate with any appropriate reputed means the runners who are believed to be in danger. In case of need, for reasons that are in the best interest of the rescued person, he/she will take over the operations and will put in place all appropriate means, including helicopter rescuing. The expenses deriving from the use of these exceptional means will be borne by the rescued person. It will be the runner’s responsibility to prepare and present to his personal insurance the dossier necessary for a possible reimbursement. In case of inability to contact the coordinator of the route, you can directly call the rescue (in particular if you are in the area without telephone coverage) tel. 118 for Italy.
Along the route, control points will be set up, where the organization’s employees will monitor the passage of the athletes.
IMPORTANT: In case of emergency, a telephone number to call is written on the bib.
MAXIMUM TIME AND TIME BARRIERS
The participants of the three routes must reach the finish line of Mercatale Val di Pesa by 4.00 pm for ultratrail 45,6 km, 4.30 pm for trail 21 km, 8 hours totally for each race.
For the Ultratrail, however, an intermediate barrier is set at around 24,500 km, at 1.00pm.
In case of bad weather conditions and/or for reasons of safety, the organization reserves the right to suspend the test in progress, delay the departure, change the route or change the barriers.
All athletes who will not be able to meet the scheduled closing times of the gates are
OBLIGED TO STOP AND STOP YOUR RACE. They will then be comfortably taken with shuttle directly upon arrival.
Except in the case of serious injuries, a runner must withdraw only at the fixed points that will be announced before departure. In any case, the runner must immediately return the bib to the organization. For those who wish, a means of the organization will be made available to bring the runner withdrawn to the destination. In case of failure to communicate a withdrawal and the consequent start of the runner’s research, any expenses arising will be charged to the runner himself.
Runners must behave in a manner that respects the environment, in particular by avoiding waste disposal, collecting flowers or harassing wildlife. Anyone who will be found guilty of abandoning waste along the way will be disqualified from the race and will incur in penalties provided for by municipal regulations.
In case of difficult weather conditions (thick fog, strong storms), the organization reserves the right to make changes, even at the last minute or during the race, in order to exclude potential dangers or conditions of serious discomfort for the participants. Any changes will be communicated to the participants. The organization also reserves the right to suspend or cancel the race in the event that the weather conditions put at risk the safety of the participants, volunteers or rescuers.
DISQUALIFICATION AND PENALTY
The immediate disqualification is foreseen, with the withdrawal of the race bib, for the following infractions:
– failure to move from a control point
– cutting off the race route
– waste disposal along the route
– failure to rescue a runner in need of help
– insults or threats to organizers or volunteers
– use of means of transport during the race
– refusal to undergo the supervision of health personnel on the route
DECLARATION OF RESPONSIBILITY
Along the way, participants are required to respect the Highway Code. With the signature of the card of registration, the runner declares to know and accept the regulations of CHIANTI CLASSICO MARATHON. He/she also declares under his own responsibility, not only that he has declared the truth (article 2 law 04/01/868 v ° 15 as modified by article 3 paragraph 10 law 15/05/97 n ° 127), but exempt the organizers of any responsibility, both civil and criminal, for damages to persons and/or things caused by him/her and derived from him/her. Pursuant to Legislative Decree No. 196 of 30/06/2003 (“Consolidated Text of Privacy), we inform you that personal data collected will be used only to prepare the list of participants, the historical archive, the winning runners, to provide the services declared in the regulation, and sending of informative or advertising material of CHIANTI CLASSICO MARATHON or its partners.
By registering to Chianti Classico Marathon, the runners authorize the organization to use, for free, without space and time limits, fixed and moving images that portray them on the occasion of the event.
*In Italy it is mandatory to bring an official note from the doctor assessing that the person is capable of a competitive sports activity.